Sunday, January 18, 2009

Spiritual Formation groups


Since my spiritual formation class is so large (53 students) I've divided the class into groups so they can help each other.

Each group will meet weekly at the end of class.  All semester, they will blog about their faith journeys.

I'm hoping students will challenge one another to practice what they learn in class, especially the spiritual disciplines.

I'm also expecting students to establish new friendships with group members.

What's my greatest goal?  Keeping students from spending group time playing computer games.

4 comments:

Luke said...

You know you have just made the class a team sport? Is it a contact sport? It should be :)

Leslie Puiras said...

Hi Jason. Have you read Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline?

Leslie Puiras said...

Oh and it's been fun to poke through your blog btw!

The Gentile Rabbi said...

Hi Leslie,

Yes. It's the one book I would recommend to every living person other than the Bible.

It's also the course textbook for the spiritual formation class I'm teaching this semester.

Related Posts with Thumbnails