Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hockey night in Hanover (I mean Mildmay)


Tonight I'm dusting off my hockey gear and lacing up the skates for the first time in a few years.

It's not a pre-Halloween trick; rather, a couple of guys from the congregation invited me to join them on the ice for the season.

My goal is to represent the Spirit of Jesus on and off the ice (a difficult feat for any hockey player who follows Jesus, especially when playing in a church league!).

I'd also like to put the biscuit in the basket at least once.

3 comments:

Luke said...

So was goal for last night or for the year ;)

Scott said...

Just stand in front of the net and tell someone to put it in off your butt.

I hope your comeback lasts longer than one of your previous comeback attempts...

The Gentile Rabbi said...

Luke, that's my goal for the year.

Scott, every time I pick up my stick and lace up my skates I think of you. Now, if only I could learn to shoot like your neighbours, eh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails