Tuesday, April 30, 2013

SWOT Team

I spent the morning with our pastoral team.  It was our first focused planning session since last spring.  We looked at our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.  It was an interesting exercise.  

I think we're still in the transition phase.  We're near the end but we're not quite through it.  Between 2008 and 2013 we've said goodbye to 3 longstanding, veteran pastors.  That kind of quick turnover after so many years of consistent leadership takes it toll on a congregation and staff.

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed.  But I try not to dwell there.  Instead, I think about the things/people I'm thankful for.

Today, I'm thankful for Jesus and the scriptures.  I'm thankful for my wife and kids.  I'm thankful for the staff team.  And I'm thankful for the frogs I can hear croaking in the pond not too far away.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails