Friday, September 17, 2021

Pre-Pandemic Library Books

I'm staring at a stack of 49 books, stacked and ready to go back to the various University of Toronto libraries where they belong. It's the longest loan I've ever had without a renewal. According to a paper slip I found tucked into the pages of one book, I checked them out on March 11, 2020.

I'm not sure exactly when the U of T libraries first closed but it was fairly soon after I gathered them and brought them to my house. They, along with digitized articles and monographs, formed the foundation of my dissertation research. They have been my companions on this long and challenging journey. This week, I say goodbye.

I'm heading back to the U of T campus for the first time since COVID-19 took hold in our province. My renewal date has been extended, once again, but this time is the last. They need to be back to the library by the end of September. The timing works out perfectly since my dissertation defence is over and their purpose has been served. Thank you books. 



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails