Friday, October 15, 2021

Christian Education in a Secular Age Conference

Briercrest College and Seminary is hosting a two day online conference addressing Christian Education in a Secular Age. Here's a link to the schedule. I blogged about it back in the summer, when I found out my abstract was accepted. I finished video recording my paper for presentation and it is being uploaded as I write this post. 

In addition to my paper addressing online education I will also be participating in a roundtable discussion about educating clergy for wholeness. In that segment I will be talking about the role of practicums in pastoral formation programs. I will address some of the challenges I see, namely, training supervisors. I'll also touch on the interesting dynamic of Supervised Pastoral Education programs that appear to equip pastors to function as chaplains. 

There is still time to register for the conference and join the conversation. Here's a link if you're interested.

 


2 comments:

Tim Good said...

Too bad it's a virtual conference, I'm going to be in the Caronport/Moose Jaw area on the 29th. If it were a live conference I could pop by the school to catch a coffee with you.

(At least I assume you're only participating virtually, if you're coming to SK let's talk)

The Gentile Rabbi said...

Well wouldn't that be fun! Unfortunately, your assumption is correct. I'll be comfortably seated at my computer in Ontario on the 28th and 29th. Too bad, I would have enjoyed catching up with you over coffee.

Related Posts with Thumbnails