Sunday, January 22, 2023

New Year's Goals

Every year our family looks back at some of the most significant moments. We each write our most meaningful or important memories on pieces of paper and slip them into a jar. Every year we fill a new container and reflect back at the jars of former years. We also set some goals for the year ahead.

Three years ago I set a goal to get a book review published. It happened. In 2021 I wanted to get an article published. It happened in early 2022. In 2022 I wanted to get my dissertation published. I signed the contract the past fall. This coming year I want to see my dissertation published and I want to have another book project proposal accepted. It's amazing how small, incremental goals lead toward larger ones that seem unattainable at the beginning.

Here are some of my other goals in no particular order:

Run 10km (not every day, just once).

Open my prayer journal every day.

Drive to the mountains with my wife.

Write two book chapters.

I am grateful that I have been able to see so many goals accomplished. I am looking forward to digging in again this year.




 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails