Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthday visit


Today marks the end of birthday week at our house.

It's a week of festivities and fun that begins with my daughter's birthday and ends with my son's. They were born seven days apart (in different years, of course).

On Shawna's birthday we spent the day hanging out, playing and reading.

Today is very similar except instead of reading I spent some time chatting with the friendly neighbourhood Jehovah's Witnesses. Two kind folks came to my door to try to convince me of a few things: that the Trinity doesn't exist, Jesus isn't God, and that the Holy Spirit is not a person but a force.

We had an interesting conversation. It came to an end when I let them know that they weren't going to change my belief or experience with the Triune God. They'd probably have a better chance of convincing me that my wife, although influential, is not a person; I don't have children; and I can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

I wonder when their children's birthdays are. Then I could return the visit.

1 comment:

Tim Good said...

Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate birthdays.... likely to keep those days open for going door to door. :)

Actually I think it has to do with celebrating one person as higher than another or something like that. but, the do celebrate anniversaries by giving everyone in the family gifts (well at least the family that I knew) so you could stop by that day and have a celebratory debate.

Related Posts with Thumbnails