Friday, November 26, 2021

Clergy Reslience and Podcasting

I just finished recording an upcoming Faith Trends podcast episode. The co-host, Rick Hiemstra, ploughed through my thesis and asked insightful questions about what he discovered. I'm so impressed! Outside of my PhD defence committee, no one has posed such direct questions about my 200 page research project. I'm hoping to have more opportunities to talk about my research into online theological education and pastoral formation. I would love to work with pastors, denominational leaders, and educators to discern how we equip future Christian leaders and ministers in a world increasingly saturated by Internet technology and digital devices.

After the recording I had a chance to listen to the episode where Rick and Lindsay (the other co-host) talked with Briercrest Seminary professor, Dr. Margret Clarke. Margaret is an expert on clergy resilience in Canada and her podcast interview provides a window into her research. I had the privilege of working with Margaret as part of a round table discussion on educating clergy for wholeness at Briercrest's online conference last month. I highly recommend getting in touch with her and asking her for a copy of her dissertation executive summary. It's interesting, accessible, and packed full of helpful findings. In the meantime, feel free to listen to her Faith Trends interview here: https://soundcloud.com/faithtrends/clergy-resilience

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails