Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mushrooms aren't cool


Four days until I begin another school year.

That means completing syllabii, finalizing Power Point presentations and going over class lists.

I remember when it meant getting a new plastic lunch pail with a thermos that was held in by a hard plastic thing that looked like a seatbelt.

Ah, grade 2.  I'm re-living it.  Vicariously.  Through my daughter.

She started 2nd grade french immersion on Tuesday.  Believe it or not, she already has a concept of "cool".  

I didn't know what "cool" was until grade 7.  

I remember the day it happened.  Or failed to happen.

I went to my father's barber for a new cut.  Youngsters, here's a hint: if you're looking for "cool", you won't find it at dad's barber shop.  My new dew made me look like a mushroom.  Mushrooms aren't cool.

What is cool?  My little girl.  She's super cool.  

Right now she wants to fight me.  Cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!

Luke said...

My lunchbox was a metal mostrosity like you see at consturctions sites. It has awesome Transformer stickers all over it.

Unforutally I never was cool in school, ever. Until after highschool ended and I started dating Anne. then I couldn't care less anymore.

Erika Mills said...

you're cool luke.

Related Posts with Thumbnails