Monday, September 15, 2008

Sunday morning at the Meeting House

I'm given occasional opportunities to "check out" other churches.  That's built right into my job profile.  Thanks HMC!

This past Sunday, Erika and I popped by the Meeting House in Oakville.  It was our first visit to their new venue, located in the heart of an industrial complex.  I was struck by the magnitude of the physical space, the simplicity of their design and, of course, the pre-service smoke coming from the dry ice machines on the stage.

From the 5 minute countdown, to the trance music playing as excerpts from writers were projected on the mega screen (I'm not kidding, the screen has to be 40 feet across); the service was filled with a sensory buffet.

Of course, my favorite part was getting to hear Bruxy Cavey speak.  I'm continually amazed by his ability to make the complex, understandable; his openness to answer questions from anyone in an audience of hundreds; and his knowledge of everything from mating spiders to God's revelation of Himself as a trinitarian community.

As I walked away I asked God to do one thing with me: Help me to make disciples who make disciples of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Anne said...

God's revelation of Himself as a trinitarian community. ???Equals god, jeaus and holy spirit???? I'm in the remidal christian class.

Related Posts with Thumbnails