Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beware of potholes!


I've been enjoying my bike rides into work.  I feel stronger and more environmentally conscious.

Yesterday, I wasn't paying enough attention to the road and I hit a pothole.  The kind where the asphalt has broken off and caved into the ground about 6 inches.

My skinny road bike tires didn't have a chance.  I blew them both out.

I was at the half-way point in my ride so I walked the rest of the way.  The trek took me about 1 hour and 10 mins.  It normally takes me 35.

I don't carry a cell phone but I like to be prepared for these sorts of mishaps.  So, I have a small pump mounted to my bike frame.  The pump, however, is useless without an extra tube.  

Next time I'll be including extra tubes with my pump.

1 comment:

Luke said...

Make sure you include the tools to change the tube. And pratice, I know the tires on Anne's hybrid are extremely hard to change. It would be quicker for me to walk if I had to change them :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails