Saturday, May 2, 2009

Gener8

Today marks the first day of a weekend training event aimed at young leaders in my denominational tribe, the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada.

30 leaders, mostly between 20-30 years old, have been invited from across Canada.

I was invited.  I'm glad they didn't check ID's at the door.

I packed up my stuff, kissed my family good-bye, backed up my computer, and made the trek to Paris.  Ontario, not France.

I'm not sure what to expect but here's some of what the invite said:


• Share your dreams in an eclectic environment

• Hear echoes of affirmation in the voices of like-minded peers

• Develop your dreams for service to Jesus

• Expect inspiration and challenge

• Think and act missionally in your own context

• Venture on paths no one has traveled before


I'm looking forward to the untravelled paths. 

3 comments:

Luke said...

Sounds awesome.I pray God moves you in amazing ways and enables you to make disciples that cause ground level change for His kingdom. Its coming dude.

oncoffee said...

love to hear how it goes

Anne said...

At least you have that ponytail... makes you look hip/young. Wear your spandex shorts.. That should help.

Related Posts with Thumbnails